Friday, October 5, 2007

Shiloh's Shiner



Shiloh got his first shiner tonight! We were playing peek-a-boo in the bathtub, and he tried to climb up the very slippery slanted end of the tub, and Wham! He had a big purple bump right away and was crying, so I got him out to calm him down. I showed it to him in the mirror, and he's definately a boy because he got a huge grin on his face and went nuts. I think it must have given him a power boost (like he needs that...) because he went full force for the next 2 hours. Needless to say, I couldn't hold any ice on it for longer than 3 seconds, so I eventually gave up and let him enjoy it. :)

Here are a few pictures that actually don't do the swollen bruise justice, but it's hard to get a good pic when he's going 50 miles an hour...

4 comments:

Nate, Kris, Adrianna and Natalie said...

So funny! I especially laughed at Sue's story about Izaak saying that he wished Shiloh's eye would have swollen shut. :-) By the way, congrats to you guys! I'm so excited for you and glad you're feeling well, Anneke. Also, we tried your incredible soup recipe when I was home in Indy, and it was a hit. I'm anxious to make it for Nate. Thanks for sharing! :-)

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Wow, I heard about his black eye at work from Isaak. I always tell him that I check your blog, but have never posted...so hello. Your little boy is so cute!!!

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

That is such a great story. I am glad that he recovered quickly. Hey, according to Kris's comment.......................are you expecting?

Katie Barker said...

Well, I think the first one looks pretty bad. I too am anxious to hear the big news!!