Sunday, May 4, 2008

Introducing Eli Bryce Toliver

He's Here! I can't believe it. And he's a prefectly healthy baby boy. We are SO thankful. He was born Wednesday, April 30, at 11:53 pm and weighed 5 pounds, 12 ounces, and 19 inches long! Much bigger than anyone was expecting. My labor was a little long (to me, at least). They started me on Pitocin at around 9:30 am, then broke my water right after lunch, hoping that would get things started. Eleven hours later, he finally decided it was time to make an appearance. :) But he was worth every second of bedrest and labor. :)

He had to be on a glucose IV for about a day because he was having a hard time trying to regulate his own blood sugar, but is doing fine now. I have to have him checked again for jaundice, but I think he's ok. Actually, I think he's perfect. :)



14 comments:

Kelli said...

Congratulations, Anneke! Eli is beautiful and I am so thankful that he is healthy. What an awesome testament of the faithfulness of our God! Enjoy the new addition to your family.

S said...

congratulations! we had been praying that the baby would be born healthy. he is so cute!

Katie Barker said...

Oh praise the Lord - and Congratulations. We were just praying for you guys last night! I can't believe my freshman roomie has 2 little boys!

Chad and Melanie said...

Yeah--he's here and healthy!!! I'm so happy for you guys--your family is so adorable! I've been praying for you and will continue to! I can definitely tell he's Shiloh's little brother--they look alike to me. Take care of yourself. Love you! Mellie

Preston and Audrey's Mommy and Daddy said...

Yay!!! I just knew everything would be ok:) I prayed for you tons the day he was born and even checked with Sue to see how you were doing. He's adorable and I can't wait to hear how Shiloh and he connect. Take care. Keep the pictures coming:)

The Horaks said...

Anneke, I'm SO glad for you that Eli is doing so well! He looks so cute! I'll be praying for you as you adjust to having two cute little boys to take care of! :)

The Lindell Family said...

Congrats!! What a beautiful, beautiful little boy! I'm so glad he's healthy :) What does Shiloh think of him?

Tim, Kristen , Megan, Emily, and Anna said...

Congrats!!! Praise the Lord for a healthy baby!!! Great pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! I am so thrilled that the Lord saw fit to bless you with a healthy baby boy.
I was praying steadfastly for you that day and every time I checked your blog to see an update...
So happy for you.

Busch family said...

Yay! Congratulations! I was so anxious to hear how everything went. I was praying for you on the 30th! You're such a trooper! Stephanie Stonis called the next day and told me about Eli. I love the name you picked. I'm so thankful that he's healthy and that all's well! I wish I could be there to see him. :) Miss you! Keep those pictures coming!

Ken & Jen Schmidt said...

Congratulations! You look great and Eli is beautiful!! Praise the Lord he is healthy and strong!

jules said...

congratulations, and thank the Lord :) Love you guys!!

Momto5 RachelJoy Photography said...

yeah. what a cutie!

Syari said...

lovely!
jazz