Monday, April 6, 2009

Just when I thought he was getting better...

...he wakes up with another ear infection!!! Poor little man Eli was so sick last week with Roseola. He had a very high fever for 3 days, along with a super snotty nose, bad cough, and diarrhea. (I know, more than you cared to know). Then, after his fever went away, he woke up with a rash that spread all over his whole body. With Roseola, the rash actually means they're getting better. And he was definitely improving. Just was crabby and tired and not feeling good because of the leftover cough and runny nose. Then this morning as I was feeding a very cranky little man breakfast, and trying very hard to get him to actually eat something after last week, I noticed the crusties all over his ear. Thanks to the ear tubes the infection will drain, and I have drops to put in there so hopefully we can avoid another trip to the doc for antibiotics. I just feel bad for the little guy - he just can't seem to get healthy!

This was what Eli did most of the week.



And his poor face with the rash.



So far Shiloh's still healthy. Last Sunday night we stayed home from church so Eli wouldn't share his germs, so we decided to take a trip to the park. And Izaak decided it was time for Shiloh to learn how to whittle. I was thinking, Shiloh? With a knife? But Izaak had an "itty bitty small one" (to put it in Shi's words) and we made it home with no casualties.




4 comments:

Katie Barker said...

Sorry to hear about the sickie! I do like the pictures of Izzak and Shiloh. I suppose if he learns this young he'll be a pro when he's older!

Rachel said...

My Eli had rosela last year. It was scary when I didn't know what was going on, but once we figured it out, it was too late to go to the dr, he was getting better. I hope Eli feels better soon!

Rachel said...

My Eli had rosela last year. It was scary when I didn't know what was going on, but once we figured it out, it was too late to go to the dr, he was getting better. I hope Eli feels better soon!

jules said...

awww, anni! praying for eli..! that's rough, poor little guy. love the pics of shiloh and izaak. very precious moments! he's getting so big!