Monday, October 12, 2009

feeling thankful

Maybe it's because I know my parents are up there in the North Country celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving today, but I feel like I've had so many reminders lately about being thankful. And with those reminders to be thankful come reminders of so much to be thankful for...

I'm thankful for a God I can trust no matter what. I'm thankful that He gives me the strength I need. I'm thankful that when He points out sin in our lives, He gives His Holy Spirit to help us change.

I'm thankful for my wonderful, nutty hubby. I'm thankful that he makes spending time with just me a priority, and I'm thankful for the special time we had together on Saturday and Sunday. I'm thankful for the incredible daddy that he is. I'm thankful he married me.




I'm thankful for my two delightful, crazy boys. I'm thankful for every part of their little personalities. I'm thankful that they're healthy and for the way they learn and grow. I'm thankful that no matter how much time, energy, effort, emotion, and work they require, I still miss them when I'm not with them. I'm thankful for little hugs and hearing "I love you Mommy".



I'm thankful for my sweet baby girl who is growing and healthy and wiggling all around.



I'm thankful for friends who reach out in times of need and who help us grow and point us toward Christ, even if it's unintentional and maybe even unknown to them.

And the list could go on and on....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an encouraging post and a good reminder! I'm thankful for you and your family too : )

Love ya sis!

Eric and Sarah said...

AWWW... you almost made me cry!
Love you guys

shanna said...

That was so nice to read - happy for you and your beautiful little family!

Chad and Melanie said...

Anni, this is such a sweet post--isn't God so good?!? I'm so thankful for they way He has blessed you and your family (can't wait to meet your newest addition:) Miss you!
Love ya,
Mel

The Haskell Family said...

Hey sister! That is so neat. Isn't the Lord good? Love you!

jeileenbaylor said...

What a wonderful reminder for me on this cool (seemingly mundane) day. Thanks for the encouragement!

Unknown said...

Good job broo, kerennn!