Tuesday, February 15, 2011

what a weekend!

Whew! What a weekend!

Saturday morning, as we were finishing up breakfast, a good friend called. As soon as I answered, I knew. She was in labor. Earlier than planned. So we loaded up the kids and headed out to pick up their two boys for the night. Our kid cart on our grocery trip was a little fuller than usual. (Thankfully Izaak didn't have to go to work until right before lunch, otherwise the groceries would not have been got!) The bathtub was also a little more crowded than usual on Saturday night.


Amazingly enough, we were more than on time for church Sunday morning
(mostly thanks to my amazing hubby and a box of fruity Cheerios).

On Sunday afternoon, I took the boys to meet their new baby brother - adorable, by the way. Then, brought the oldest one back home and arrived back at our house just in time to pick up Shiloh and swap places with Izaak. He took the boys to their Sunday School Valentine's party while I ran inside to get dinner for the rest of us, as well as my nieces who had been dropped off while I was gone so their Mommy and Daddy could head off on a much-needed Valentine's weekend away. Well, in the midst of me deciding what to do for dinner another friend (whose children were also at the V-Day party) called to let me know that they were headed to Moe's for dinner. So we fed Emily and loaded everyone up in the car - off to Moe's! 

After Moe's, Izaak dropped us off at home and went to pick up the boys. I gave bottles and changed clothes and tucked three adorable little girls into their beds - all in the same room - so fun!

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out with our friends the Costons while the kids ran off their sugar-high.


Monday morning involved heart-shaped chocolate chip pancakes, a run to Walmart with Shiloh to get him a new booster seat for the car (Izaak had forgotten to get Elyse's carseat for the weekend, and Shiloh's been counting the days till Brynna bumps everyone up into the next round of carseats so we just decided now would be a good time), a trip to the park, a quick lunch, and five little ones tucked into bed for naps. I spent the afternoon shampooing the living room carpet (thank you, Gioia, for the much-needed motivation) :) while Izaak worked on seminary stuff. Romantic, huh?
 



We did manage to get in a nice kid-free steak dinner and a crappy movie choice before bed. And, although I didn't get a picture of Izaak and I on this Valentine's Day, I had to add this one of Brynna from Sunday morning. She got the headband from Afton, the shoes from Elyse and Emily, and the leg warmers fro Gemma, and they make the perfect outfit.


In spite of all the craziness, we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend. And slept GREAT on Monday night.

2 comments:

kellyH said...

whew. I am tired just reading this. you're a saint! or supermom. maybe both. :) love B's outfit, wish I could pull that off, haha!

DCAja said...

wow great blog! 😎👍